Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-12-26
|Subject: Senior Long Term Coordinator Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:30 am|| |
The Vocational Training and Technical Development Company VTTDC is an Egyptian company and currently short-listed as a member of an international European consortium for the Assistance to the Reform of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training System TA Phase III - for Establishment and Operation of 7 Enterprise - TVET Partnerships (ETP's) project in Egypt. The project is funded by the EU and envisaged to commence in March 2008 for duration of 3 years. Opportunities now exist for a senior expert with in-depth knowledge and experience to work with the consortium on long-term assignment.Position: Senior Long Term Coordinator Context: The overall objective of the project is to contribute to improving the competitiveness of Egyptian enterprises on domestic and international markets. The specific objective is to support the development of human and institutional capacities for the formulation and implementation of a national TVET reform policy. The proposed programme will intervene simultaneously at two levels:
Main tasks and responsibilities: Initiating and coordinating institutional functions and overall capacity building of Enterprise TVET Partnerships on various levels with emphasis on the respective sectorial Private Public Partnerships in terms of:
- Short- and medium-term level, which will focus on immediate and well-defined needs for skilled labour within the existing TVET system (recruitment, retraining, in-service training, etc);
- Long-term re-orientation of the overall TVET system to become more student- and demand oriented.
Expertise required: The coordinator will be primarily involved in the establishment and capacity building of 7 ETPs with relevant federations / chambers / business body. S/he should have a deep knowledge and long-term international experience about Technical Education & Vocational Training (TVET) reform in close relation with federations / chambers and business associations at least in one of the intervention sectors in an EU country, e.g.:
- Establishing and functioning7 ETPs as demand driven and decentralized PPP-TVET infrastructure to ensure demand driven and qualified skill oriented training delivery;
- Improvement of quantitative and qualitative delivery of comprehensive TVET activities and reform efforts;
- Support the bottom-up approach of the national TVET reform to build up a regulatory and support platform;
- Initiate and implement sector training needs assessment (qualitative / quantitative) by applying econometric tools / instruments on micro level and elaborate sector strategy on TVET / HRD for the 7 ETPs and its chambers;
- Support the implantation of twinning arrangement, training session, international conferences and study tours;
- Provide and coordinate national and international short-term expertise in line with the PMU policy.
The minimum estimated input of the Long-Term Coordinator is 700 working days over the entire lifetime of the contract. Should you be interested in this position, please submit your CV to: Moustafa Wahba Email: email@example.com
- Relevant academic qualification (e.g. BSc or equivalent) and 15 years proven international work experience in TVET in strong relation to one of the respective industry sector and / or respective industrial associations.
- Proven experience (at least 10 years) in leading international projects financed by international or multinational donors.
- Proven experience in assigning and coordinating international and national short-term expertise.
- Proven experience in design of TNA (micro level) using econometric tools and conceptualise HRD / TVET sector strategies.
- Proven experiences in working with professional associations and chambers HRD activities and institutional / capacity building.
- Proven experience in institutional / capacity building respective to private - public partnership, TVET activities including M & E of training.
- Development and application of regulations for training and Public Private Partnerships.
- Methodology in analysis of sector studies to improve the productivity and development of demand driven training as a basis for private - public partnership.
- Monitoring & Evaluation (qualitative and quantitative) of training activities and impact.
- Setting up a database / MIS structure.
- Proficient English in writing and speaking.
- Computer literacy in word office application
- Effective communication skills with high-level policy-makers and managers
- Relevant experience in transitional economies and particularly MEDA region
- Ability to work in an inter-cultural environment.
- Ability to work in an international team