Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-12-26
|Subject: Senior Short-Term Experts for Institution Building Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:32 am|| |
The Vocational Training and Technical Development Company VTTDC is an Egyptian company and currently short-listed as a member of an international European consortium for the “Assistance to the Reform of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training System TA Phase III - for Establishment and Operation of 7 Enterprise - TVET Partnerships (ETP's)” project in Egypt. The project is funded by the EU and envisaged to commence in March 2008 for duration of 3 years. Opportunities now exist for junior and senior experts with in-depth knowledge and experience to work with the consortium on long-term and short-term assignments. Position: Several Senior Short-Term Experts for Institution Building in Several Industries and HRD / TVET Strategy:
Context: The overall objective of the project is to contribute to improving the competitiveness of Egyptian enterprises on domestic and international markets. The specific objective is to support the development of human and institutional capacities for the formulation and implementation of a national TVET reform policy. The proposed programme will intervene simultaneously at two levels:
- Senior short-term expert for institution building in the Building and Construction Industry and HRD / TVET Strategy (Civil-, Structural Engineering; General Construction; i.e. Industrial buildings, Residential Housing and Interior / finishing techniques);
- Senior Short-Term Expert for institution Building in the Building and Construction Industry and HRD / TVET Strategy (Civil Engineering, i.e. Bridges, Roads, Tunnels and Power stations);
- Senior Short-Term Expert for institution Building in the Tourism Industry and HRD / TVET Strategy (e.g. Hotels, Restaurants and cafeterias);
- Senior Short-Term Expert for institution Building in the Tourism Industry and HRD / TVET Strategy (e.g. Tourism companies, Travel agents and Bazaars);
- Senior Short-Term expert for institution Building in the Chemical Industry;
- Senior Short-Term expert for institution Building in the Leather Tanning and Leather Goods Industry and HRD / TVET Strategy;
- Senior Short-Term expert for institution Building in the ICT, Media and Printing Industry and HRD / TVET Strategy.
Main tasks and responsibilities:Initiating and coordinating institutional function in the frame of overall capacity building of Enterprise TVET Partnership on various levels with emphasis on the respective sectorial private – public partnership in terms of:
- Short- and medium-term level, which will focus on immediate and well-defined needs for skilled labour within the existing TVET system (recruitment, retraining, in-service training, etc);
- Long-term re-orientation of the overall TVET system to become more student- and demand oriented.
Expertise required: The experts will be primarily involved in know how transfer for establishment and functioning of the respective sector ETP in the light of Technical Education and Vocational Training (TVET) reform with relevant federations / chambers / business body. S/he should have a deep knowledge and international long-term experience about federations / chambers and business associations at least in one of the intervention sectors in an EU country and in a country with an economy in transition, e.g. :
- Technical education & Vocational training reform within the respective sectors / sub-sectors
- Assist the coordinator in design and implementation of sector / cross-sector TNA (micro level) and drafting for each sector ETP / chambers a TVET / HRD strategy
- Establishing and functioning of one sector ETP as demand driven and decentralized PPP-TVET infrastructure to ensure demand driven and qualified skill oriented training delivery
- Improvement of quantitative and qualitative delivery of comprehensive TVET activities and reform efforts.
- Support the bottom-up approach through delivery of best practice / lesson learnt towards the national TVET reform to build up a regulatory and support platform.
The minimum estimated input of the Short – Term Expert is 380 working days over the entire lifetime of the contract. Should you be interested in any one of these positions, please submit your CV to: Moustafa Wahba Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. BSc or equivalent), 12 years proven international work experience in TVET in close relation to the relevant industry and respective industrial associations;
- Proven experience (at least 10 years) in leading international projects financed by international or multinational donors;
- Proven experiences in working with professionals associations and chambers HRD activities and institutional / capacity building;
- Proven experience in institutional / capacity building respective private – public partnership, TVET activities including M&E of training;
- Development and application of regulations for training and public private partnerships;
- Methodology in design, implementations and analysis micro TNA and to formulate of sector HRD / TVET strategies to improve the productivity and development of demand driven training as a basis for private – public partnership;
- Monitoring and evaluation (quantitative and qualitative) of training activities and impact;
- Setting up a data base / MIS structure;
- English Language proficiency in speaking and writing;
- Computer literacy in word office application;
- Effective communication skills with high-level policy)-makers and managers;
- Relevant experience in projects financed by EC in transitional economies and in the MEDA region;
- particularly ability to work in an inter-cultural environment;
- Ability to work in an international team.